Safest Towns In Mississippi
According to Mississippi law enforcement officials, the safest towns in Mississippi are Oxford, Starkville, and Tupelo. These towns have low crime rates and are considered to be very safe places to live.
What’s the safest city in Mississippi to live in?
The safest city in Mississippi to live in is undoubtedly Tupelo. With a violent crime rate that is significantly lower than the state and national averages, Tupelo is consistently ranked as one of the safest cities in Mississippi. In addition to its low crime rate, Tupelo also boasts a number of other safety features, including a robust police force and a variety of community initiatives designed to promote safety.
Where is the best and safest place to live in Mississippi?
The city of Oxford, Mississippi is the best and safest place to live in the state of Mississippi. The city has a population of just over 21,000 people and is the home of the University of Mississippi. The city has a low crime rate and is ranked as the #1 safest city in Mississippi.
Are there any safe cities in Mississippi?
There are a few safe cities in Mississippi. The largest and most populous city, Jackson, is relatively safe compared to other large cities in the United States. However, there are pockets of crime and violence in Jackson and other cities in Mississippi.
What are the five safest cities in Mississippi?
- Oxford: This city has a low crime rate and is home to the University of Mississippi, which helps to create a sense of community and pride. The police force is well-trained and well-equipped, and there are plenty of resources available in case of an emergency.
- Starkville: Another college town, Starkville is the home of Mississippi State University. It has a low crime rate and is well-protected by the university’s police force. There are also plenty of resources available in case of an emergency.
- Meridian: Meridian is the largest city in Mississippi and is the state’s economic center. It has a low crime rate and is served by a strong police force. There are plenty of resources available in case of an emergency.
- Tupelo: Tupelo is the birthplace of Elvis Presley and is a cultural and economic hub for northeast Mississippi. It has a low crime rate and is served by a strong police force. There are plenty of resources available in case of an emergency.
Where do most blacks live in Mississippi?
According to the 2010 census, the five counties with the highest percentages of African American residents are Holmes County (70.8%), Issaquena County (66.0%), Sharkey County (65.9%), Warren County (61.8%), and Jefferson County (57.7%).
Where is the best and cheapest place to live in Mississippi?
- Oxford – This city is home to the University of Mississippi, and its cost of living is relatively low compared to other college towns.
- Tupelo – Tupelo is the birthplace of Elvis Presley, and it’s also one of the most affordable places to live in Mississippi.
- Meridian – Meridian is a city with a lot to offer, including a low cost of living. It’s also home to Mississippi State University.
- Hattiesburg – Hattiesburg is another city with a low cost of living. It’s also home to the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Gulfport – Gulfport is a city on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. It’s a popular tourist destination, but it also has a relatively low cost of living.
Is moving to Mississippi a good idea?
Mississippi is a state located in the Southern United States. Mississippi is the 32nd most extensive and the 31st most populous of the 50 United States. The state is bordered to the north by Tennessee, to the east by Alabama, to the south by the Gulf of Mexico, and to the west by Louisiana. Jackson is both the state’s capital and largest city. The state’s name comes from the Mississippi River, which flows along its western boundary, and is one of the four states that form the United States’ border with the Canadian province of Quebec.
Mississippi is a state with a rich history and culture. The state is known for its music, food, literature, and art. Mississippi is also home to some of the best colleges and universities in the country, including the University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University, and Jackson State University.
Moving to Mississippi can be a good idea for those who are looking for a change of pace. The state offers a unique lifestyle that can be appealing to many. There are also plenty of job opportunities available in Mississippi, especially in the healthcare and education sectors.
What are the cons of living in Mississippi?
Mississippi is the poorest state in the US, with a median household income of just $37,095. This is largely due to the state’s dependence on agriculture and manufacturing, which are both low-paying industries. Mississippi also has the highest rate of poverty in the country, at 20.8%.
The state’s high poverty rate is partially due to its lack of educational opportunities. Mississippi has the lowest high school graduation rate in the US, at just 72.9%. This is due to the state’s inadequate funding of its public schools. Mississippi also ranks last in the country in terms of per-pupil spending, at just $7,441.
The state’s poor educational system is also evident in its low test scores. Mississippi students scored the lowest of any state on the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) in both reading and math. In 2015, just 20% of Mississippi 8th graders were proficient in reading, and just 18% were proficient in math.
Mississippi also ranks last in the country in terms of access to health care. In 2015, just 68.5% of residents had health insurance. This is due in part to the state’s decision not to expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act. As a result, there are an estimated 300,000 people in Mississippi who are without health insurance.
What city has the highest crime rate in Mississippi?
The city with the highest crime rate in Mississippi is Jackson. Jackson has a population of over 175,000 people and a crime rate that is significantly higher than the national average. The violent crime rate in Jackson is especially high, with a rate of 1,817 per 100,000 people. This means that Jackson is the most dangerous city in Mississippi and one of the most dangerous cities in the United States.
What is the number 1 safest state to live in?
These states all have relatively low crime rates, strong economies, and a high quality of life. They are also relatively free from natural disasters, making them ideal places to live for those who want to feel safe and secure.
What are the top 10 safest places to live?
There are many ways to determine the top 10 safest places to live. One way is to look at the crime rate in each city. The cities with the lowest crime rates would be considered the safest. Another way to determine the top 10 safest places to live is to look at the number of natural disasters that have occurred in each location. The places that have had the fewest natural disasters would be considered the safest.
Some other factors that could be considered when determining the top 10 safest places to live include the quality of the schools, the availability of jobs, the cost of living, and the overall quality of life.
The safest towns in Mississippi are those that have taken measures to ensure the safety of their residents. These towns have implemented programs and policies that have been proven to reduce crime and keep residents safe. By taking these steps, these towns have made themselves the safest places to live in Mississippi.