How To Reset A Schlage Keypad Lock
- Begin by locate the reset hole on the back of the lock.
- Using a paperclip or other small object, insert it into the reset hole and press firmly for 3 seconds.
- The lock will beep and the keypad will light up, indicating that it has been reset.
- Enter a new 4-8 digit code of your choice and press the # key to save.
How do you change the 4 digit code on a Schlage lock?
- Locate the screws on the inside of the doorknob. There should be two screws, one on the top and one on the bottom.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the screws.
- Once the screws are removed, the cover plate will come off, revealing the code change mechanism.
- Use a paperclip or other small tool to press and hold the reset button.
- While the reset button is depressed, enter your new four-digit code.
- Release the reset button.
- Replace the cover plate and screws.
How do I delete the 4 digit code on my Schlage keypad?
- Enter your 4 digit code on the keypad.
- Press and hold the “0” or “9” key for 3 seconds.
- Enter your 4 digit code again.
- Press the “0” or “9” key again.
Your 4 digit code should now be deleted and you can create a new one.
How do I reset my Schlage?
- Start by removing the battery cover on the back of the deadbolt.
- Next, remove the batteries from the deadbolt.
- Press and hold the reset button (located on the interior of the deadbolt) for at least five seconds.
- Re-insert the batteries into the deadbolt.
- Replace the battery cover.
That’s it! Your Schlage electronic deadbolt has now been reset.
How do you reset a Schlage lock for a new owner?
To reset a Schlage lock for a new owner, you must first find the small reset button on the inside of the lock. Once you have found the reset button, use a paperclip or other small object to press and hold the reset button for five seconds. After five seconds have passed, release the reset button and enter the new four-digit code that you would like the new owner to use.
How do I change the 4 digit code on my Schlage keypad without programming code?
- To change the 4 digit code on your Schlage keypad without programming code, you will need to access the keypad’s programming menu.
- Once in the programming menu, use the arrow keys to navigate to the “Code” menu option.
- From the “Code” menu, you will be able to enter in a new 4 digit code.
- Once the new code is entered, be sure to press the “Save” button to save the changes.
How do you delete and change the code on a Schlage door lock?
- Locate the Schlage door lock that you need to delete or change the code for.
- Using a Phillips head screwdriver, remove the two screws that secure the door lock to the door.
- With the door lock removed, locate the code change lever on the inside of the lock.
- Use a small flathead screwdriver to move the code change lever to the “change” position.
- Enter your new code on the keypad and press the “enter” button.
- Move the code change lever back to the “normal” position.
- Re-install the door lock on the door and secure it with the two screws.
How do you reset a Schlage Smart lock?
- Locate the reset button on the lock. This is usually located near the bottom of the lock.
- Use a paperclip or other small object to press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds.
- After 5 seconds, release the reset button. The lock should now be reset.
What is the Schlage default code?
The Schlage default code is the code that is programmed into the lock when it is first installed. This code can be changed by the user, but if it is not changed, the default code will remain in effect.
How do you change the code on a keypad lock?
There are a few different ways that you can change the code on a keypad lock. One way is to use the manufacturer’s instructions. Another way is to look for a small hole on the back or side of the lock. This is the reset button. Pressing this button will usually reset the code back to the factory default.
If you don’t have the manufacturer’s instructions or can’t find the reset button, you can usually figure out how to change the code by trial and error. Start by entering the current code. Then, try different combinations of numbers until you find one that opens the lock. Once you have the new code, be sure to write it down in a safe place so you don’t forget it.
How do you reset a 4 digit door lock?
Most 4 digit door locks can be reset by pressing and holding the reset button on the back or underside of the lock for 10-15 seconds. This will clear the current code and allow you to enter a new one. If the lock has a key override, you may also need to insert a key and turn it to the reset position before you can enter the new code.
How do I reprogram my Schlage keypad deadbolt?
If you need to reprogram your Schlage keypad deadbolt, there are a few things you’ll need to do. First, you’ll need to find the 6-digit programming code that came with your deadbolt. This code can usually be found on the back of the deadbolt or on the packaging it came in. Once you have the code, press the “Schlage” button on the keypad and enter the code. Then, press the “9” button twice. This will put the deadbolt into programming mode. From there, you can enter a new 6-digit code of your choice. Once you’ve entered the new code, press the “Schlage” button again to save it.
There you have it! Those are the easy steps to resetting your Schlage keypad lock. We hope this guide was helpful and that you can now easily reset your lock if you ever need to.