How To Change The Combination On A Master Lock
The first step is to find the reset lever. It is usually located on the side of the lock above the shackle. Insert the reset tool that comes with the lock into the hole next to the reset lever and push it up. This will release the reset lever.
With the reset lever released, you can now rotate the dial to the left or right to align the notches on the wheel pack with theINDICATOR LINE. Once the notches are aligned, you can release the reset lever and the old combination will be erased.
To set the new combination, first make sure that the dial is set to 0. Next, hold down the reset lever and rotate the dial to the new combination. Make sure to align the notches on the wheel pack with the INDICATOR LINE before releasing the reset lever. You can now release the reset lever and your new combination will be set.
How do you change the code on a Master Lock?
- Find the reset lever on the back of the lock.
- Use a paperclip or other small object to press and hold the reset lever.
- While holding the reset lever, turn the dial to the left until it reaches the first number of the new code.
- Release the reset lever and turn the dial to the right, passing the first number of the new code again.
- Continue turning the dial to the right until you reach the second number of the new code.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the third and fourth numbers of the new code.
- Once you have set all four numbers of the new code, turn the dial to the left until it stops. This will lock the new code in place.
How do you change the combination on a combination lock?
- Find the reset button on the back of the lock.
- Press and hold the reset button until the lock opens.
- Spin the dial to the new combination.
- Release the reset button and test the new combination.
How do you reset a 4 digit Master Lock?
- Start with the lock in the open position.
- Press and hold the reset button (usually located on the back of the lock) for about 5 seconds.
- Enter your new 4 digit code twice, making sure to press the reset button after each entry.
- Once you’ve entered your code twice, the lock should reset and be ready to use with your new code.
How do I reset my 3 Digit Master Lock?
- Find the reset lever on the back of the lock.
- Use a paperclip or other small object to push the reset lever up.
- Set the dial to 000.
- Turn the dial to the right until it stops.
- Turn the dial to the left until it stops on the first number of your new combination.
- Turn the dial to the right until it stops on the second number of your new combination.
- Turn the dial to the left until it stops on the third number of your new combination.
- Push the reset lever back down.
How do you reset a combination lock if you forgot the code?
If you forget the combination to your lock, you can use a few different methods to try to reset it. First, try using the factory reset code, which is usually the code 0-0-0. If that doesn’t work, you can try to find the combination by feel. Start by turning the knob to the left until you feel it click, and then continue turning until you reach the first number in the combination. Write this number down, and then repeat the process for the other two numbers in the combination. Once you have all three numbers, try inputting the combination and see if it opens the lock. If it doesn’t, you can try a few different variations of the combination until you find the one that works.
How do you reset a master lock lockbox?
If you have forgotten the combination to your Master Lock lockbox, you can follow these steps to reset it.
First, locate the reset lever on the back of the lockbox. This lever is usually located near the bottom of the lockbox.
Next, use a paperclip or other small object to depress the reset lever. As you depress the lever, you will hear a click.
Finally, enter your new combination into the lockbox. Make sure to remember your new combination, as you will not be able to access the lockbox without it.
How do you change the combination on a master lock 1530DCM?
- Begin by opening the lock. To do this, insert the control key and turn it 90 degrees clockwise.
- With the control key still inserted, locate the change keyhole. This is a small hole located above the dial.
- Insert the change key into the change keyhole and turn it 90 degrees clockwise.
- Enter the new combination into the dial. Make sure to turn the dial clockwise until you hear a click. This click indicates that the new combination has been set.
How do I change my 4 digit number lock?
- The first step is to identify which lock you have. There are many different types and brands of 4 digit number locks, so it is important to know which one you have. If you are unsure, you can usually find this information in the owner’s manual or on the manufacturer’s website.
- Once you know which lock you have, the next step is to gather the tools you will need to change the code. For most locks, you will need a small screwdriver. In some cases, you may also need a paperclip or other small tool to help you insert the new code.
- The third step is to locate the code change lever or knob. This is usually located on the back of the lock near the bottom. Once you have found it, use the screwdriver to turn it to the “change” position.
- The fourth and final step is to enter your new code. Most locks allow you to enter any 4 digit code you want. Once you have entered the new code, turn the code change lever or knob back to the “lock” position and test the code to make sure it works.
How do you unlock a 4 Number Master Lock?
To unlock a 4 number master lock, you will need to find the combination. The combination is usually located on the back of the lock. Once you have the combination, you will need to line up the numbers on the dial with the numbers on the combination. Then, you will need to turn the dial to the right until the numbers line up and the lock opens.
How do you reset a 4 digit combination lock box?
- Find the reset button on the back of the lock box.
- Use a paperclip or a similar object to press and hold the reset button.
- While holding the reset button, enter your new 4 digit combination.
- Release the reset button and your new combination should now be set.
How do you change a 3 digit combination lock?
To change a 3 digit combination lock, you will need to first locate the reset button on the back or side of the lock. Once you have found the reset button, you will need to use a paperclip or other small object to press and hold the reset button for 3-5 seconds. After you have held the reset button for the designated amount of time, you will then use your new combination to open the lock.
If you need to change the combination on your Master Lock, it’s easy to do. Just follow the instructions in the owner’s manual. You’ll need to know the old combination to set the new one. Once you have the new combination, be sure to test it a few times to make sure it works.